The Board is looking for an outstanding leader to realise the strategic vision for Oxfordshire Community Foundation (OCF) at a time which is challenging but also a time that will present new opportunities. The role of OCF in support of the Oxfordshire charitable sector is particularly important as the country starts to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CEO role, which was vacated last month by Jayne Woodley after 10 years service, presents a golden opportunity to establish OCF’s leadership position within the county. This is based on OCF’s understanding of the needs of the community and the organisations that are best placed to help the most needy. It puts us in a pivotal position at the heart of the county to ensure its healthy recovery.
The successful candidate will have proven strategic, communication, networking and leadership skills and be able to influence across all levels of local government, media, private, public and charitable sectors. Key responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Board of Trustees, developing and implementing the charity’s strategic plan, ensuring it is appropriately resourced
- Ensuring the planned Patrons’ Programme (establishment of a realistic and sustainable fundraising programme focused on core funding through a regular giving schedule) progresses alongside immediate fundraising initiatives, including appointing a Patrons Manager
- Being an outstanding ambassador for OCF in the community at all levels including the private and public sector and the philanthropic community
- Maintaining and building excellent long-term relationships with funders, donors and supporters
- Managing the charity effectively, ensuring its financial security and risk management is maintained and enhanced
- Taking overall responsibility for achieving, monitoring and reporting on performance targets in all activities
- Keeping abreast of opportunities and challenges facing third sector organisations, and staying up to date with changing legislation/developments in local or national government initiatives that could affect OCF or its partners
- Reporting to the Board on progress against strategic objectives.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th September 2020, with a starting date of Monday 4th January 2021. Interim CEO Adrian Sell is in place until January 2020.
We are also recruiting for an administrator, initially to cover maternity leave but potentially for a permanent role. The administrator will work with the whole team to provide support across all aspects of the organisation’s work. You will need to be bright, capable and keen to learn on the job. The closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 1st September 2020, with interviews to be held on 8th September and a preferred start date of 1st October.