Our Cost of Living Fund will make grants to charitable organisations working to help the most disadvantaged in our county cope with this unprecedented crisis. We know what is needed and we’re poised to help. Could you or your business join us in stepping up to this challenge?
The cost of living is affecting the poorest families the most, as well as driving more people than ever into poverty – forcing them to deal with crisis after crisis in the wake of the pandemic.
It can be difficult to know what to do to help, but we believe it is time for all of us to step up to the challenge. This is why OCF is partnering with Oxfordshire County Council to establish a Cost of Living Fund, which will direct financial support to local charitable organisations delivering vital services at the front line. We now urge other funders, businesses and the general public to join with us by donating their share to the fund.
Our Cost of Living Fund will build on our long grant-making experience and critical response during the pandemic.
We have consulted our capable local charitable sector about what exactly they need, and have used their feedback to design a round of grant funding opening in September 2022. This means the grants will directly target the issues we know are most pressing in a local context.
The report concludes that:
- Cost of living issues are increasing, multiple and inter-related – crisis support funding is vital to meet the demand for essentials such as food, heating, clothing, together with practical support and guidance, via super local community hubs. This demand is far beyond what they saw during the pandemic. There is a genuine fear from the community as to how they will cope.
- More complex issues and preventative solutions will take longer to resolve, and local charitable organisations have the experience to support their communities but not necessarily the right ‘toolbox’.
- Charities need investment in their running costs to continue their vital work, at a time when they need to offer heavily discounted or free services, and their own costs are rising.
- The best way to donate to our Cost of Living Fund is online via our Enthuse donation platform. Enthuse gathers Gift Aid for us and makes the process easy for you. Donate online now
- Payment by bank transfer can be made using the bank details shown here.
- Don’t forget to complete a Gift Aid form to really boost the value of your donation.
- If you would prefer to donate by CAF or cheque, please make it payable to “Oxfordshire Community Foundation”, write “Cost of Living Fund” on the reverse, and post it to us at 3 Woodin’s Way, Oxford, OX1 1HD. Note that the postal strikes may delay our receipt of any cheques posted to us, so please do consider an online payment if you can.
Your generosity also helps us do our job. 8% of your donation is used to allow OCF to design and administer grants that truly meet the needs of the sector. The rest of your gift will go directly to grassroots community organisations delivering their vital work. A 25% uplift is also added to your donation via Gift Aid wherever possible.