Oxfordshire Community Foundation is one of 48 community foundations across the UK, and over 1,700 similar foundations across the world. We work with our generous donors to provide a permanent, flexible and growing source of local charitable funding that will directly address the needs of Oxfordshire’s most vulnerable.
For communities in Oxfordshire to thrive, and for disadvantage and social exclusion to be things of the past
Harness wealth, wisdom and skills to deliver community investment in Oxfordshire
The Future-Building Fund takes a ground-breaking approach to supporting the local charitable sector, providing large grants to help ambitious charities significantly scale up their operation. The fund has recently awarded grants to Trax and Yellow Submarine, with more in the pipeline.Details
- "Much of the council's work would be impossible were it not for the contribution that the voluntary sector makes to almost everything that goes on in the county."Tim Stevenson
Lord Lieutenant of Oxfordshire and OCF President
- "The huge satisfaction to be gained from spending one’s time in giving in your later years far outweighs any pleasures that you can possibly gain on the golf course, on the beach or on the back of the yacht in the Mediterranean sipping martinis."Mike Oglesby
Coutts Million Pound Donor Report
- "Prosperity requires not just investment in economic capital, but also in social capital. Community foundations are playing a critical role in helping to deliver a more inclusive capitalism."Mark Carney
Governor of the Bank of England
- “Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”Warren Buffet
- "Your grant will boost our fund to the point that we now confidently commission the work.”Kay Alty
New Yatt Riding for the Disabled
- "The support shown by OCF – with trustee Prof. Ann Buchanan gracing the event with her presence – really helped make the event a huge success."Kanta Gopal
- "The grant increased morale, encouraged more fundraising and increased activity ranges."Olivia Bloomfield
The Pump House Project
- "We like to find strategic solutions, not provide sticking plasters”Jayne Woodley
CEO, Oxfordshire Community Foundation
- "Wow! Thank you so much. Please send our thanks to your committee. The grant will make a huge difference to the club including lots of children and parents and to the coaching staff. Absolutely amazing!"Lee Wyatt-Buchan
Wychwood Football Club
- "I would never have known about many of the causes I’ve helped if the community foundation hadn’t told me about them. They are doing vital work and they need our support."Jane Mactaggart
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”Winston Churchill
- “It's really important to tell the world about what you're doing. You'll be naturally quiet and modest, and it's not very British, but it is very important, so put your modesty aside, tell the world what you're doing, because they'll be interested!”Paul Barry-Walsh
Funding from OCF has helped Eve support survivors of domestic abuse in overcoming emotional difficulties and move on to more rewarding times in their lives.
A series of OCF grants has helped Nomad provide life skills and literacy classes for socially excluded young people, breaking the cycle of deprivation.
Charity Mentors is a service that helps charity leaders analyse strategic challenges and find the best way forward, coached by an expert in the field.
Jane holds her own named fund, to which she makes an annual donation. She works with us to develop a rolling portfolio of charitable giving.