Oxfordshire Community Foundation (OCF) is committed to tackling all forms of discrimination and inequality in both the workplace and the services the organisation provides. This policy sets out how it will promote equal opportunity and seek to prevent all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
The aim of the policy is to:
- Work toward the elimination of all forms of discrimination
- Create a positive culture throughout OCF, where diversity, inclusion and respect are core values and at the centre of all our activities
- Ensure staff, volunteers and trustees are engaged with the development and implementation of this policy
- Encourage positive action to overcome disadvantage and discrimination
- Ensure the highest possible standards are achieved in the delivery of our services to beneficiaries and in our employment practices
- Ensure equality, diversity and inclusion is promoted through our work, both internally and externally.
OCF is committed to:
- Creating an inclusive environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our employees, trustees and volunteers are recognised and valued
- Implementing inclusive recruitment practices
- Ensuring development and progression opportunities are available to all
- Regularly reviewing service provision, primarily our grant-making, to ensure it is accessible, fair and appropriate to all groups within society and is effective at reaching the diverse communities of Oxfordshire as effectively as possible
- Providing information and training to all employees, trustees and volunteers to ensure that they are fully aware of EDI issues and their responsibilities relating to these areas
- Ensuring that no person or group of people will suffer detrimentally in promotion or dismissal
- Ensuring workplace benefits are accessible to all
- Monitoring our employees, volunteers and trustees so that we can work towards ensuring they reflect the communities we are serving
- Assessing the impact of our policies, practices and service among different equality groups (protected characteristics)
- Promoting the benefits of embracing EDI internally and externally
- Embedding EDI into our policies, procedures and everyday policies
- Ensuring the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion is inclusive within the induction process
- Regularly monitoring and reviewing this policy to ensure that inclusive practice is embedded.
OCF is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace culture of inclusivity and respect. Any discriminatory behaviour demonstrated by employees, volunteers, service users or trustees will be appropriately challenged in a polite and constructive manner and where necessary further action will be taken.