- This event has passed.
Reciprocate Encounter: The effects of law on communication
Tuesday 17 April, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
The Reciprocate Encounters programme continues with Stephanie Kleyman from Kleyman Solicitors returning to talk about how the law affects communication.
- Websites – what needs to go on them and what should be left off
- Social media – what you can and can’t say and what to do if a mistake is made
- Intellectual Property – who owns your logo and what happens if there is a dispute about it
- Advertising – how to get it right from a legal perspective
- Data – The repeal of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the replacing Directive (May 2018)
- More information to follow
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone responsible for the day to day running of a charity
- Trustees of charities
- Those with responsibility for designing or managing charities’ websites and marketing material
Stephanie runs a full-service law firm, employing 15 members of staff. Stephanie believes passionately that it cannot all be about the money, and it is important for everyone to make a contribution to society. Given her extensive knowledge and experience in business law, and her love of talking (sometimes you can’t shut her up), she has found a unique way to help charities, by providing talks and legal workshops, to help charitable organisations be better prepared for doing business.
1.00pm: Arrival and refreshments
1.30pm: Workshop starts
2.30pm: Break, further tea and coffee
2.45pm: Workshop resumes
4.00pm: Workshop closes
Please note that there is no designated parking for this workshop. For details of nearby parking, visit Parking in Oxford.